    SubjectRe: [patch 00/46] High resolution timer / dynamic tick update
    On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 10:51 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > please read what i wrote: in the first section above i am talking about
    > Thomas' -hrt tree and its track record. Thomas' tree is more than a year
    > old and has an excellent track record. In the last sentence i was
    > talking about this latest iteration of his -hrt tree, which i released
    > as part of -rt yesterday. (but which i have tested internally longer
    > than that, prior release.)
    > > Since this new release has a fair amount of new code it's not totally
    > > fair to says "it's been in -rt for a while".
    > Thomas' -hrt tree has been in -rt for over a year.

    Ok. The history is well known to me.

    > > If stability is a question, -rt10 does currently compile for my test
    > > config, due to this new HRT introduction. [...]
    > isnt your test config ARM? If it's x86 or x86_64 then please send me a
    > bugreport about it. rt10 wont compile on non-i686 and non-x86_64 because
    > their clockevents drivers have not been updated yet (but should be
    > trivial). In any case, this is an -rt internal matter that has no
    > relevance on the -mm submission, i'm not sure why you are bringing it
    > up.

    No, the test config I was talking about is SMP i386 (which is what I
    usually use). All tho I've sent you ARM and PowerPC code in the past.

    > > My queue has always been 90% clean up, some of that is moving code
    > > around. [...]
    > in the -rt tree i'm tracking the high-res code that has been started by
    > Thomas in mid-2005. In the past 1.5 years, 90%+ of the bugfixes to
    > high-res timers issues in -rt came from Thomas and this has been about
    > the 10th major iteration to his codebase. If you have cleanups to his
    > code then please work with Thomas to get your changes into his tree.

    My code is for clocksouces/timekeeping which has been unrelated to HRT
    up until recently. In my original email I suggested that the two tree's
    be merged ,or placed on top of each other, which I still think is a good

      Last update: 2007-01-24 11:57    [W:0.021 / U:0.368 seconds]