Subjectusb2 external disk not recognized if connected during boot, but recognized if not connected during boot
On a small Celeron-based appliance, Usb2 disk is not recognized *if*
it is connected during kernel boot.
But if not connected during boot, and I connect it later, it is
recognized and works ok.
I tried various 2.6.16, 17 and 18 kernels, both modular, and
all-static, with the same result.
What can this be.
This is ehci controller. Can it be problematic Irq assignments on the
motherboard ?
Btw, during boot, access lights go on forever on the Usb drive. Couple
of kernels are stuck
at this point. Most kernels go through, but disk is still not
recognized. If I disconnect and re-connect usb drive later, then it is
never recognized (if it was connected earlier during boot). Again, if
the disk was not connected during boot, all kernels recognize it and
work with it.

Thank
Yakov

  Last update: 2007-01-25 09:51    [W:0.029 / U:0.052 seconds]