    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

    On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 08:14:17AM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
    > On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 07:45:02AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
    > >
    > > Definitely disagree with that. I'd like to see the conference somewhere
    > > else different this time - perhaps Czech Republic, or somewhere else more
    > > easterly and Linux active (or even Finland...)
    > >
    > Understand that one of the feedback that I get from the keepers of the
    > corporate travel budgets is that money for sending employees to exotic
    > locations is finite --- which is why we haven't tried pairing the
    > kernel summit with Cambridge works out because there
    > are relatively cheap flights to Amsterdam and then you can take a
    > cheap Ryan Air flight to Stanisted. Still, the fact that it isn't
    > paired with another conference means that we are getting some
    > expressions of unhappiness from other Kernel Summit stakeholders.
    > It's for that reason that (a) I'm trying to line up some folks who
    > might be interested in trying to put together a relatively small,
    > 2-day technical conference after the Kernel Summit, which can
    > hopefully serve as a seed for something like OLS and LCA in UK/Europe,
    > and (b) I've told folks that the moving it away from Cambridge is a
    > one-time experiment, after which point we will re-evaluate.

    Wrt, point (a), UKUUG are moving their UK based Summer Linux conference
    to coincide timewise with the kernel summit. Normally its in the July/August
    time frame. Location probably, but last I heard from Alasdair Kergon not
    certain to be, in Cambridge,

      Last update: 2007-01-22 16:13    [W:0.021 / U:8.292 seconds]