    SubjectRe: Why active list and inactive list?
    Christoph Lameter wrote:

    > With the proposed schemd you would have to move pages between lists if
    > they are mapped and unmapped by a process. Terminating a process could
    > lead to lots of pages moving to the unnmapped list.

    That could be a problem.

    Another problem is that any such heuristic in the VM is
    bound to have corner cases that some workloads will hit.

    It would be really nice if we came up with a page replacement
    algorithm that did not need many extra heuristics to make it

    Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
    the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group
    calls the other unpatriotic.

      Last update: 2007-01-23 03:47    [W:0.022 / U:4.516 seconds]