    SubjectRe: [Announce] GIT v1.5.0-rc2
    Johannes Schindelin wrote:

    > On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Junio C Hamano wrote:

    >> * Reflog
    >> - Reflog records the history of where the tip of each branch
    >> was at each moment.
    > It might make sense to reformulate that:
    > Reflog records the history from the view point of the local
    > repository. In other words, regardless of the real history,
    > the reflog shows the history as seen by one particular repository
    > (this enables you to ask "what was the current revision in _this_
    > repository, yesterday at 1pm?").

    I think that _both_ sentences are right. Reflog records history of where the
    tip of each branch was at each moment, logging also what command was used
    to move tip of branch (was it commit, amending commit, rebase, reset, or
    creating branch anew, git-am or pull).

    But where tip of each branch was is purely local matter. What is global
    is DAG of commits, refs are always as seen by one particular repository.

    Jakub Narebski
    Warsaw, Poland
    ShadeHawk on #git

      Last update: 2007-01-22 00:31    [W:0.024 / U:24.212 seconds]