    SubjectRe: [patch 3/3] clockevent driver for arm/pxa2xx
    On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 17:08 +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
    > > static int hpet_next_event(unsigned long delta,
    > > struct clock_event_device *evt)
    > > {
    > > unsigned long cnt;
    > >
    > > cnt = hpet_readl(HPET_COUNTER);
    > > cnt += delta;
    > > hpet_writel(cnt, HPET_T0_CMP);
    > >
    > > return ((long)(hpet_readl(HPET_COUNTER) - cnt ) > 0);
    > > }
    > >
    > > The generic code takes care of the already expired event.
    >
    > The thing is - 2.6.20-rc5-rt3 didn't provide clockevent on PXA, so, I took
    > Sascha's patch instead of my own, which I've been using with 2.6.18, as
    > his patches were already submitted to various lists and had chances to
    > become mainline. And strait away it didn't work. The code above seems to
    > be doing something close to Sascha's patch, so, I expect it would behave
    > in the same way. And until I introduced a minimum increment for the match
    > register, it didn't work. I either got hangs, or WARN_ON dumps about "time
    > warp detected". I think, any timer related code for PXA has to be tested
    > on real hardware under significant (real-time) load before going upstream.
    > Haven't tested -rt7 though, so, maybe it is already handled there?

    No, as I'm reworking clock events a bit and I added the handling for the
    match register based devices. The above will catch the event in the past
    and the generic code handles that. Will be on -rt soon.

    tglx

      Last update: 2007-01-20 18:11    [W:0.049 / U:30.092 seconds]