    SubjectRe: Ext3 mounted as ext2 but journal still in effect.
    Thank you all for all your input. The tune2fs option was eventually
    used and we run into other problems. I think Andries was right in
    that the initrd was interfering, that's where we run into issues
    after the tune2fs.

    I was trying to avoid the tune2fs as it involves booting into
    a live CD and brings the system down to where I can't access
    it over the network (it is a 4 hour drive).

    At the end we had to replace the drive and recreate all file
    systems. If it ever happens again I will pay closer attention
    to the initrd commands to see if the rootfstype=ext2 was overridden
    with what's there.

    Thanks,

    Alberto

    --