SubjectRe: PME_Turn_Off in Linux
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:43:14AM -0600, Miller, Mike (OS Dev) wrote:
> Hello,
> We've been seeing some nasty data corruption issues on some platforms.
> We've been capturing PCI-E traces looking for something nasty but we
> haven't found anything yet. One of the hardware guys if asking if there
> is a call in Linux to issue a PME_Turn_Off broadcast message.
>
> PME_Turn_Off Broadcast Message
> Before main component power and reference clocks are turned off, the
> Root Complex or Switch Downstream Port must issue a broadcast Message
> that instructs all agents downstream of that point within the hierarchy
> to cease initiation of any subsequent PM_PME Messages, effective
> immediately upon receipt of the PME_Turn_Off Message.
>
> This must be initiated from the root complex. Is there such a call in
> linux?

This firmware that implements the PCI-E connection should do this, I
don't think there is anything that the Operating system can do to
control this, as PCI-E should be transparant to the OS.

Unless this is on a PCI-E Hotplug system? What is the sequence of
events that cause the data corruption?

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2007-01-17 22:59    [W:0.043 / U:0.448 seconds]