SubjectRe: Hung Port
If that was the case, would the port not show up in TIME_WAIT state?
Also, the kernel should only hold a closed socket in TIME_WAIT state for
2 minutes or so. These hung ports stay around until the machine is
rebooted.

--
Lawrence MacIntyre 865.574.8696 macintyrelp@ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM.
Learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm