    SubjectRe: What does this scsi error mean ?
    > Both smart and the internal blade diagnostics say "everything is a-ok
    > with the drive, there hasn't been any error ever except a bunch of
    > corrected ECC ones, and no more than with a similar drive in another
    > working blade". Hence my initial post. "Hardware error" is kinda
    > imprecise, so I was wondering whether it was unexpected controller
    > answer, detected transmission error, block write error, sector not
    > found... Is there a way to have more information?

    Well the right place to look would indeed have been the SMART data
    providing the drive didn't get into a state it couldn't update it.
    Hardware error comes from the drive deciding something is wrong (or a
    raid card faking it I guess). That covers everything from power
    fluctuations and overheating through firmware consistency failures and
    more.

    If you pull the drive and test it in another box does it show the same ?
    And what does a scsi verify have to say ?

    Alan

      Last update: 2007-01-16 00:43    [W:0.023 / U:89.864 seconds]