    SubjectRe: ahci_softreset prevents acpi_power_off
    Faik Uygur wrote:
    >> What happens when you try to shutdown?
    >
    > Does not shutdown and freezes.
    >
    > Hand copied last messages seen on console:
    >
    > Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sda:
    > ACPI: PCI Interrupt for device 0000:06:08.0 disabled
    > Power down.
    > acpi_power_off called
    > hwsleep-0285 [01] enter_sleep_state : Entering sleep state [S5]

    Since you're getting to this point I think this has to be some kind of
    BIOS interaction causing this. The only thing that happens after the
    "Entering sleep state" is that the kernel writes to some ACPI registers
    to tell the hardware to power down. I think some laptop BIOSes do things
    on ACPI power down like try to park the drive heads, etc. and maybe this
    change that you found from git bisecting is somehow interfering with it
    doing this?

    Might want to check for a BIOS update first of all..

    --
    Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada