SubjectRe: SATA/IDE Dual Mode w/Intel 945 Chipset or HOW TO LIQUIFY a flash IDE chip under 2.6.18
Prakash Punnoor wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 10 Januar 2007 18:47 schrieb Lennart Sorensen:
>> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 06:29:28PM +0100, Prakash Punnoor wrote:
>>> You can install the Intel Matrix driver after "adjusting" the inf file...
>> Hmm, I guess a good question is: Why should I have to edit the inf file?
>> Is it an issue of them making it only install if your hardware is
>> already set to ahci mode? But how am I supposed to boot and install the
>> driver until I have the driver installed then. Well I might try that
>> next time I go there. How stupid of intel.
>
> Intel wants you to buy hw with ICH8R. ICH8 isn't get the advanced features for
> free....

What advanced features do you claim are missing from ICH8?

The 'R' indicates software RAID, provided by BIOS and a software driver.
Which uses the standard AHCI programming interface. ICH8 provides
AHCI, just like ICH8R does.

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans