    SubjectRe: patch to make Linux capabilities into something useful (v 0.3.1)
    On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:06:30PM -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
    > I'm not sure reserving all 32 for 'regular' caps is the way
    > to go, since we're about to overflow the 32 bits of sysadm caps
    > already. What about maybe 20 regular caps?

    Yes, that could easily be arranged. I've tried to be careful and
    nowhere asssume that the regular caps were precisely numbers 32
    through 63.

    > No need to do this now for my sake, but if you repost these, doing so
    > in 3 separate emails with the patches inline will make it more likely
    > that people read them.

    I'll do this now for version 0.4.2, which merges with your own
    filesystem support. I made one noteworthy change to your code, by the
    way, which is to disable the "permitted" (=forced) set of capabilities
    on executables whose filesystem is mounted nosuid: I think this is a
    reasonable constraint, to avoid the attack where a luser mounts a usb
    key with xattrs in the filesystem or something like that.

    --
    David A. Madore
    (david.madore@ens.fr,