    SubjectRe: re-reading the partition table on a "busy" drive
    Oleg Verych wrote:
    > My anwser to this question: if it's so "pretty annoying", just let it be
    > "yes, do as i said !", not more and not less, just most ;).

    Well, this whole question is already moot, as pointed out by Olaf.
    Because kernel already supports add/delete single partition ioctls,
    which is sufficient. For my needs I already wrote a tiny hack which
    compares /proc/partitions with the output of `sfdisk -d' and re-adds
    anything which changed. It should be possible to do the same with
    parted instead of {sf,cf,f}disk without using that hack, but hell,
    all those fdisks (parted included) sucks badly, each in its own way,
    so all are being used for different parts of the task, including the
    hack ;)

      Last update: 2006-09-08 15:37    [W:0.019 / U:30.720 seconds]