    SubjectRe: [patch 03/23] GTOD: persistent clock support, i386
    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:58:22 -0000
    Thomas Gleixner <> wrote:

    > persistent clock support: do proper timekeeping across suspend/resume,
    > i386 arch support.

    This description implies that the patch implements something for i386

    > arch/i386/kernel/apm.c | 44 ---------------------------------------
    > arch/i386/kernel/time.c | 54 +---------------------------------------------

    but all it does is delete stuff.

    I _assume_ that it switches i386 over to using the (undescribed) generic
    core, and it does that merely by implementing read_persistent_clock().

    But I'd have expected to see some Kconfig change in there as well?

    Does this implementation support all forms of persistent clock which are
    known to exist on i386 platforms?

    If/when you issue new changelogs, please describe what has to be done to
    port other architectures over to use this overall framework.

    Do ports for other architectures exist?

      Last update: 2006-09-30 10:41    [W:0.034 / U:24.556 seconds]