    SubjectRe: GPLv3 Position Statement

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, tridge@samba.org wrote:

    > > Quite frankly, if the FSF ever relicenses any of their projects to be
    > > "GPLv3 or later", I will hope that everybody immediately forks, and
    > > creates a GPLv2-only copy (and yes, you have to do it immediately, or
    > > you're screwed forever). That way the people involved can all vote with
    > > their feet.
    >
    > I do hope your either joking about this, or that you would consult
    > with the major contributors to the project before doing this.

    I very much mean "major contributors".

    Quite frankly, the FSF isn't actually doing any of the work for any of the
    tools it maintains any more. And hasn't for a long while.

    Hint: look up the glibc maintainers opinions on some of these same issues
    in the past. They had reason to clash with the FSF over a _much_ smaller
    license change (LGPL 2 -> 2.1).

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.020 / U:0.332 seconds]