    SubjectRe: sonypc with Sony Vaio VGN-SZ1VP
    Date
    On Wednesday 27 September 2006 15:50, Ismail Donmez wrote:
    > Hi,
    > 27 Eyl 2006 Çar 09:04 tarihinde, Len Brown şunları yazmıştı:
    > [...]
    > >
    > > Nope, not as it is. Useful != supportable.
    > >
    > > 1. It must not create any files under /proc/acpi
    > > This is creating a machine-specific API, which
    > > is exactly what we don't want Nobody can maintain
    > > 50 machine specific APIs.
    > >
    > > These objects must appear generic and under sysfs
    > > as if acpi were not involved in providing them.

    Yes, the idea of generic code and sysfs things can
    remove the supportable issues as to complete different
    user interface exposed in /proc/acpi/ by different
    platform specific drivers such as ibm_acpi.c,
    asus_acpi.c, and toshiba_acpi.c,....

    > > 2. its source code shall not live in drivers/acpi
    > > it is not part of the ACPI implementation after all --
    > > it is a platform specific driver.
    >
    > Is there a such example code under kernel now, so one could look at it and
    > fix sony_acpi driver.

    Please take a look at drivers/video/backlight..
    And here is a example to use backlight class for acpi video driver:
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-acpi&m=115574087203605&w=2

    Please let me know if you have any other ideas to consolidate the
    platform specific drivers such as ibm_acpi.c ,asus_acpi.c, toshiba_acpi.c
    panasonic_acpi.c, sony_acpi.c , msi s270.c .....

    Thanks,
    Luming

      Last update: 2006-09-28 17:51    [W:0.042 / U:3.136 seconds]