    SubjectRe: 2.6.19 -mm merge plans
    On Thursday 21 September 2006 20:32, Fengguang Wu wrote:

    >> > Sorry, I've been putting efforts to meet the deadline of the google
    >> > SoC project "Rapid linux desktop startup through pre-caching", which
    >> > still can not be called success for now. And there's my pending paper
    >> > work...
    >> Oh, OK.
    >> That's a neat thing to be working on.
    >Thank you.
    >FYI: I attached a little presentation work, one for the boot time
    >stuff, another for the readahead patch.
    >> > I should be able to come back and concentrate on the readahead patch
    >> > after one month, whether it be dropped for now. I guess it can be
    >> > further improved in complexity and performance. It also needs a good
    >> > document for the overall design and benefits. And sure the
    >> > performance numbers :-)
    >> I'll hang onto the patches then - they're causing little maintenance
    >> trouble for me.
    >Sorry, I can imagine it, which upsets me.
    >I'll try to settle it in the next 3-month cycle.
    >Fengguang Wu

    Both of your attached pdf's were missing the required fonts to display the
    content on this locale=en machine, as the latest acroread for linux (7.05)
    advised me about both, and the second one, while it did display the cover
    page in english at a scale far larger than my 1600x1200 screen, it
    actually locked up X and I had to reboot. I thought I had enough fonts
    here to cover everything too. :(

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author) and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2006-09-23 16:51    [W:0.023 / U:41.500 seconds]