    SubjectRe: [KJ] kmalloc to kzalloc patches for drivers/block [sane version]
    Pekka Enberg wrote:
    > On 9/22/06, Paulo Marques <pmarques@grupopie.com> wrote:
    >> Agreed on every comment except this one. That complex expression is
    >> really just a constant in the end, so there is no point in using kcalloc.
    >
    > The code is arguably easier to read with kcalloc.

    I was afraid the kcalloc call would have the added overhead of an extra
    parameter and a multiplication, but since it is actually declared as a
    static inline, gcc should optimize everything away (because both
    parameters are constants) and give the same result in the end.

    So, its fine by me either way.

    --
    Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the
    mouth part of the face."