    SubjectRe: [KJ] kmalloc to kzalloc patches for drivers/block [sane version]
    Pekka Enberg wrote:
    > On 9/22/06, Paulo Marques <> wrote:
    >> Agreed on every comment except this one. That complex expression is
    >> really just a constant in the end, so there is no point in using kcalloc.
    > The code is arguably easier to read with kcalloc.

    I was afraid the kcalloc call would have the added overhead of an extra
    parameter and a multiplication, but since it is actually declared as a
    static inline, gcc should optimize everything away (because both
    parameters are constants) and give the same result in the end.

    So, its fine by me either way.

    Paulo Marques -

    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the
    mouth part of the face."

      Last update: 2006-09-22 15:05    [W:0.020 / U:37.980 seconds]