SubjectRe: [KJ] kmalloc to kzalloc patches for drivers/block [sane version]
Pekka Enberg wrote:
> On 9/22/06, Paulo Marques <> wrote:
>> Agreed on every comment except this one. That complex expression is
>> really just a constant in the end, so there is no point in using kcalloc.
> The code is arguably easier to read with kcalloc.

I was afraid the kcalloc call would have the added overhead of an extra
parameter and a multiplication, but since it is actually declared as a
static inline, gcc should optimize everything away (because both
parameters are constants) and give the same result in the end.

So, its fine by me either way.

Paulo Marques -

"The face of a child can say it all, especially the
mouth part of the face."

  Last update: 2006-09-22 15:05    [W:0.046 / U:2.884 seconds]