SubjectRe: 2.4.x libata resync
Thank you for the info.  In studying the code that's what my
impression was as well (that it would require a considerable effort).

I haven't encountered any problems with SATA in 2.4.33, but I guess
what I was concerned about was when/if it might become necessary to
migrate to 2.6.x in order to support newer hardware. I guess I'll
know when I encounter it :)

On 9/15/06, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 10:14:07PM -0700, Tom Mortensen wrote:
> > To Jeff Garzik & others,
> > I was wondering if there are any plans for another resync of the latest
> > 2.6.x libata changes back into the 2.4.x kernel?
>
> When Jeff posted his last version (which got merged), he said that it
> would be his last work on this backport. I've been regularly checking
> what has changed in 2.6, because often some bugs are fixed, but I see
> that the code has considerably evolved since the last resync, and I'm
> not even sure that those bugfixes are needed for 2.4.
>
> A full resync of latest 2.6 would require a considerable effort it seems.
> Do you encounter any problems right now ? I get very few feedback from
> SATA users in general.
>
> Regards,
> Willy

  Last update: 2006-09-16 08:51    [W:0.061 / U:0.440 seconds]