SubjectRe: thinkpad 360Cs keyboard problem
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> On 9/12/06, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski <curious@zjeby.dyndns.org> wrote:

>> > Could you try describing the exact issues with the keyboard? Missing
>> > keypresses, wrong keys reported, etc?
>>
>> with prink enabled it prints series of 'unknown scancode'
>> and keys are randomly messed up, and it changes, so like pressing b
>> results with n, then space, then nothing at all.
>> after some tries keyboard locks up completely.
>>

> Are you loading a custom keymap by any chance? Could I please see
> dmesg with "i8042.debug log_buf_len=131072"?

no custom keymaps . init=/bin/bash :d
uhm, i don't get what you mean by this dmesg syntax :o
i should probably attach serial conole and send you whole output,
as now (as keyboard is unuseable) i can't scroll screen.

btw. serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
is found.
also
input: AT Raw Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input1
is reported

ah, i use gcc-4.1.1 to compile kernel .

-------------------- stuff below might be result of my ignorance

i just checked 2.2.27 kernel. it behaves quite identical to 2.4.33.3,
just after 'freeing unused kernel memory' it touches disk , and just
sits there. kepresses are echoed, and keyboard output is
ok. i can reboot it by ctrl-alt-delete too .
when i boot it with 'fosh' shell commandline appears, but trying
to use any tool like bash, ls , etc results with signal 11.
tools are statically compiled against glibc-2.4 (compiled for 486 cpu
on gentoo)
busybox works fine.

on 2.4.33.3 kernel Xvesa (from kdrive package) complains
'set_thread_area failed when setting up thread-local storage'

cardmgr works fine aswell...(though was linked against different glibc)
i guess there is some problem with math emulation and glibc,
as on 2.6.18 everything works just fine.

i recall few years ago i tried to make 386SX work on 2.4.20 , and
there were problems with math emulation (some apps worked, some not)

  Last update: 2006-09-12 23:25    [W:0.051 / U:4.960 seconds]