    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] revoke/frevoke system calls V2
    Ar Mer, 2006-08-09 am 20:00 +0200, ysgrifennodd Edgar Toernig:
    > And killing them is not OK? "fuser -km /dev/cdrom" already covers both
    > cases, mounted somewhere and opened for special access.

    fuser is quite easy to race, it doesn't handle all sorts of corner cases
    like namespaces either. Its a crude blunt instrument that sometimes
    works and is very slow.

    > Sorry if I sound a little bit anal. IMO, a generic revoke is a pretty
    > sharp sword which is given to ordinary users and I have a very uneasy
    > feeling. They can dig in the innards of other people's processes - a
    > clean headshot by root is something different ...

    I can see your concern about arbitary files, but I'm not sure it holds
    simply because the tricks already exist via other methods.

      Last update: 2006-08-09 20:19    [W:0.020 / U:36.416 seconds]