SubjectRe: swsusp and suspend2 like to overheat my laptop

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 09:35, Lee Revell wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the response Nigel,
> > >
> > > There does exist a recent bios update for this machine:
> > >
> > > http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&l
> > >ndocid=MIGR-58127
> > >
> > > Hmm, it requires windows, and I've already wiped out that partition. I
> > > did a search but it seems really scary to update the BIOS via Linux.
> > >
> > > Anyone else out there have a Thinkpad G41 and has successfully upgraded
> > > their BIOS?
> >
> > I would just report it to the ACPI people. It's a bug if Linux does not
> > work with the same BIOS + DSDT that the other OS works on.
>
> True. I was assuming (perhaps wrongly?) that Steven is interested in both
> getting the bug fixed and being able to hibernate while he waits for the ACPI
> guys to achieve bug-for-bug compatibility with M$; hence suggesting doing
> both.

I would prefer to do both, but I really can't tell you if the $OTHER_OS
works or not. I booted it once with this machine, and that was only to
register it with IBM. ;)

After that, I slapped in my Debian install CD and the rest is history.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2006-08-09 01:53    [W:0.049 / U:0.528 seconds]