SubjectALSA problems with 2.6.18-rc3
Hello World,
I use the optical digital output from my computer and normally it works
well. However, with a 2.6.18-rc* kernel I have to use alsamixer to get
any output from it. I tweak the levels till it's working and use alsactl
store to save it. Normally, when I reboot it's enough to have a
bootscript run alsactl restore and it should work, but as I said, with
a 2.6.18-rc* kernel it doesn't. Every time I have to use alsamixer to
change the <IEC958 P> setting to A/D Conv and then back to AC-Link again
to get the diode to come on and start sending a signal to the amplifier.
And the problems don't stop there. At first it sounds fine but after a
few minutes it starts to develop a harsh, tinny, metallic, distorted
quality and it becomes unlistenable.

According to alsamixer v1.0.11, the card is an Intel ICH5 and the chip
is an Analog Devices AD1981B

Andy

  Last update: 2006-08-08 22:31    [W:0.059 / U:1.268 seconds]