SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
greg@enjellic.com wrote:

> It seems that finding all the bits and pieces to do ext3 on-line
> expansion has been a study in obfuscation. Somewhat surprising since
> this feature is a must for enterprise class storage management.

Not really. Having people who can dig through the obfuscation is also a
must for enterprise class anything.

The desktop is where it's really crucial to have good documentation and
ease of use. The enterprise can afford to pay people who already knew
it well, helped to develop it... Grandma probably got Linux because she
couldn't afford a new OS, or computer.

Of course, I won't go so far as to try to say "Linux should focus on
this." Linux should focus on whatever Linux developers feel like
focusing on.

  Last update: 2006-08-08 05:39    [W:0.049 / U:0.184 seconds]