SubjectRe: A proposal - binary
Pavel Machek wrote:
> ...it should be very easy to opensource simple 'something' layer. If
> it is so complex it is 'hard' to opensource, it is missdesigned,
> anyway... so fix the design.

It's not a design issue - it's a legal issue at this point, and one that
I'm not qualified to come up with a good answer for. The biggest
technical issue I think for open sourcing the VMI, is that it is not
part of the kernel, but stand alone firmware with a rather bizarre build
environment, so the code alone is not sufficient to allow it to be open
sourced, but this is not a hard problem to solve.

Zach

  Last update: 2006-08-07 00:49    [W:0.086 / U:0.076 seconds]