    SubjectRe: [patch 00/23] -stable review
    On 04/08/06, Greg KH <> wrote:
    > This is the start of the stable review cycle for the release.
    > There are 23 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response to
    > this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please let
    > us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and wants
    > to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
    > These patches are sent out with a number of different people on the Cc:
    > line. If you wish to be a reviewer, please email to
    > add your name to the list. If you want to be off the reviewer list,
    > also email us.
    > received after that time might be too late.
    > I've also posted a roll-up patch with all changes in it if people want
    > to test it out. It can be found at:

    Any chance that the fixes in the (latest) e1000 driver version
    7.1.9-k4 will get backported?

    I can't run on at least one of my servers due to bugs in the
    driver that are fixed in the latest e1000 version.
    I looked through the -stable patches but didn't find anything that
    would fix my problem.
    I get messages along the lines of "kernel: Virtual device XXX asks to
    queue packet!" and the device then refuses to work.
    The last kernel where I know for a fact that it worked OK is 2.6.11,
    so that's what the server is currently running.

    Getting the fix for that problem backported to -stable would really make my day.

    Jesper Juhl <>
    Don't top-post
    Plain text mails only, please