SubjectRe: [patch 00/23] -stable review
On 04/08/06, Greg KH <> wrote:
> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the release.
> There are 23 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response to
> this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please let
> us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and wants
> to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
> These patches are sent out with a number of different people on the Cc:
> line. If you wish to be a reviewer, please email to
> add your name to the list. If you want to be off the reviewer list,
> also email us.
> received after that time might be too late.
> I've also posted a roll-up patch with all changes in it if people want
> to test it out. It can be found at:

Any chance that the fixes in the (latest) e1000 driver version
7.1.9-k4 will get backported?

I can't run on at least one of my servers due to bugs in the
driver that are fixed in the latest e1000 version.
I looked through the -stable patches but didn't find anything that
would fix my problem.
I get messages along the lines of "kernel: Virtual device XXX asks to
queue packet!" and the device then refuses to work.
The last kernel where I know for a fact that it worked OK is 2.6.11,
so that's what the server is currently running.

Getting the fix for that problem backported to -stable would really make my day.

Jesper Juhl <>
Don't top-post
Plain text mails only, please

  Last update: 2006-08-04 11:07    [W:0.124 / U:0.856 seconds]