    SubjectAdrian Bunk is now taking over the 2.6.16-stable branch
    This is just a notice to everyone that Adrian is going to now be taking
    over the 2.6.16-stable kernel branch, for him to maintain for as long as
    he wants to.

    He will still be following the same -stable rules that are documented in
    the Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt file, but just doing this for
    the 2.6.16 kernel tree for a much longer time than the current stable
    team is willing to do (we have moved on to the 2.6.17 kernel now.)

    So, if you have any patches that meet the -stable requirements for the
    2.6.16 kernel, please send them to him, and not the stable@kernel.org
    account, as we will just delete them.

    And I'd like to offer my best wishes to Adrian for doing this work.
    Personally I don't think it can be done for all that long of an amount
    of time, and I will be very happy to see him prove me wrong :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2006-08-03 22:57    [W:0.021 / U:29.336 seconds]