SubjectRe: Generic Disk Driver in Linux
The int 13 calls to the bios can only accept addresses within the first
1 MB of memory, and the calls are synchronous, so DMA really doesn't
matter as the cpu will be busy waiting anyhow while the IO takes place,
which will wreak all kinds of hell on the rest of the running system,
including other hardware ISRs.