SubjectRe: boot failure, "DWARF2 unwinder stuck at 0xc0100199"
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:47:18 -0700
"Randy.Dunlap" <rdunlap@xenotime.net> wrote:

> > The 'stuck' unwinder issue at hand already has a fix, though planned to
> > be merged for 2.6.19 only. The crash after switching to the legacy
> > stack trace code is bad, though, but has little to do with the unwinder
> > additions/changes. The way that code reads the stack is just
> > inappropriate in contexts where things must be expected to be broken.
>
> "merged for 2.6.19" meaning:
> - in (before) 2.6.19, or
> - after 2.6.19 is released
>
> If "after," then it will likely need to be added to -stable also,
> so it might as well go in "before" 2.6.19 is released.

Precisely.

Guys, this unwinder change has been quite problematic. We really cannot
let this badness out into 2.6.18 - it degrades our ability to debug every
subsystem in the entire kernel. Would marking it CONFIG_BROKEN get us back
to 2.6.17 behaviour?

Has anyone even tried to reproduce Bruce's crash?

<looks>

argh, ide-scsi. That driver's main use nowadays is for testing the
oops-handling code. Please share .config, machine description and compiler
versiom.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans