SubjectRe: Adrian Bunk is now taking over the 2.6.16-stable branch
On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 11:21:21PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> There is a tree of trust, and responsibilities like this are
> simply handed down.

That works as long as you trust and you are ok with every leaf of the
tree. I'm not, both a developer and more important as an user.

I beg to remind you why Marcelo was picked, not only for his skills,
but also because he was so universally friendly, and easy to talk
with. I couldn't imagine Marcelo wanting to hurt anyone. To me that's
important, I could never disagree with the Marcelo pick. But this is
basically the opposite in my view. A maintainer needs qualities that
go beyond technical skills. I think it's Greg's fault of course, I'm
not blaming anybody else, but this clearly shows that the tree of
trust has its limits, hence I'd like a different system to elect the
new maintainers that has a better chance to work.

  Last update: 2006-08-21 11:39    [W:1.850 / U:0.040 seconds]