    SubjectRe: Polling for battery stauts and lost keypresses
    On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 11:50 -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > On Wednesday 16 August 2006 03:31, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
    > > On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:17:01 -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > >
    > > > 2. Quite often there are OEM drivers that are tweaked to a specific
    > > > hardware and involve hardware-specific hacks.
    > >
    > > If I remember correctly (damn, I can't find a way to do a search on
    > > the LKML archives ...) there was someone working on Dell stuff, at
    > > least as far as fans and thermal sensors were concerned (based on the
    > > code from Massimo Dal Zotto) to integrate them with the kernel sensors
    > > framework. However, some of those patches where NACKed by someone from
    > > Dell because they were sort of "guessy" about the addresses to poke
    > > around to get the information, instead of using the data provided by
    > > the BIOS on where to look for them ... however, there hasn't been any
    > > news about that that stuff since ...
    > >
    > As far as I remember that person from Dell was not ready to disclose
    > details of their SMBIOS :( so it naturally went nowhere.

    actually Dell did document their smbios ...

    there was also a posting from Dell with details, but I assume that's
    included in their libsmbios...

    if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at)

      Last update: 2006-08-19 18:05    [W:0.023 / U:1.116 seconds]