SubjectR: R: How to avoid serial port buffer overruns?
Date

Oh, I see. This in handle_IRQ_event in /kernel/irq/handle.c confirms what you said:

do {
ret = action->handler(irq, action->dev_id, regs);
if (ret == IRQ_HANDLED)
status |= action->flags;
retval |= ret;
action = action->next;
} while (action);
There is no escape from the loop when the handler returns IRQ_HANDLED.

Thanks,

giampaolo