    SubjectRe: [NTP 0/9] NTP patches
    On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 02:01 +0200, wrote:
    > Here is my current version of the NTP patches.
    > They precalculate as much possible and get rid of a lot of rather crude
    > compensation code. The tick length is now a much simpler value, updated
    > once a second, which greatly reduces the dependency on HZ.
    > I rebased the patches against current -mm + John's ntp.c patch.

    Hey Roman,
    How much real-world testing have you done with these patches? I've been
    running w/ this set of patches for a few days and I've been noticing my
    system is having difficulties synching up w/ the NTP server.

    I haven't been logging anything, so its currently uncertain data, but
    normally I've seen NTP sync the time within 1-2ms in just an hour or so,
    however since this morning (~6 hours ago) I'm seeing it still 10ms off.

    I'm going to let it run for the rest of the day then try to bisect the
    patches to see where things went wrong. I'll let you know as soon as I
    find anything.

      Last update: 2006-08-17 01:11    [W:0.019 / U:14.468 seconds]