SubjectRe: [MODSLAB 0/7] A modular slab allocator V1
Christoph Lameter wrote:

>5. Three different slab allocators.
>[snip]
> It is called the Slabifier because it can slabify any
> page allocator. VMALLOC is a valid page allocator so
> it can do slabs on vmalloc ranges. You can define your
> own page allocator (mempools??) and then slabify that
> one.

Which .config settings are necessary? I tried to use it (uniprocessor,
no debug options enabled), but the compilation failed. 2.6.18-rc4
kernel. All 7 patches applied.
And: Are you sure that the slabifier works on vmalloc ranges? The code
uses virt_to_page(). Does that function work for vmalloc on all archs?

The lack of virt_to_page() on vmalloc/mempool memory. always prevented
the slab allocator from handling such memory.

--
Manfred