SubjectRe: ext3 corruption
Molle Bestefich wrote:
> A solution to your example is to fix two of the three broken pieces of
> software by splitting B into B1 and B2, and either A or C into their
> components likewise:
> A1 --> B1 --> C --> B2 --> A2
> -or-
> C1 --> B1 --> A --> B2 --> C2

To clarify, by the above I didn't necessarily mean "split one process
into two processes". A kernel API where you can wait for a named
object or a subsystem to complete it's startup / shutdown would be
just as well. Or simply waiting on (dis-)appearance of named files in
a dedicated directory named "boot_sequence" in sysfs, would be another
equally fine way to accomplish above scheme.