    SubjectRe: ext3 corruption
    Molle Bestefich wrote:
    > A solution to your example is to fix two of the three broken pieces of
    > software by splitting B into B1 and B2, and either A or C into their
    > components likewise:
    >
    > A1 --> B1 --> C --> B2 --> A2
    >
    > -or-
    >
    > C1 --> B1 --> A --> B2 --> C2

    To clarify, by the above I didn't necessarily mean "split one process
    into two processes". A kernel API where you can wait for a named
    object or a subsystem to complete it's startup / shutdown would be
    just as well. Or simply waiting on (dis-)appearance of named files in
    a dedicated directory named "boot_sequence" in sysfs, would be another
    equally fine way to accomplish above scheme.

      Last update: 2006-08-12 12:37    [W:0.020 / U:0.704 seconds]