    SubjectRe: Merging libata PATA support into the base kernel
    On Thu, Aug 10 2006, Alan Cox wrote:
    > Ar Iau, 2006-08-10 am 14:20 +0200, ysgrifennodd Jens Axboe:
    > > You make it sound much worse than it is. Apart for HPA, I'm not aware of
    > > any setups that require extra treatment. And the amount of reported bugs
    > > against it are pretty close to zero :-)
    >
    > There are several variants where you get

    Not very vocal users then, or I missed them.

    > - hangs on resume
    > - HPA mishandling
    > - CRC errors and usually eventually a hang

    HPA mishandling is a given, I agree that is a nasty problem and really
    should be fixed. hangs on resume - the hardware, or the kernel talking
    to it? crc errors sounds like bad transfer tuning after resume, but that
    should be pretty identical to the on-boot one.

    The low level drivers/ide drivers aren't well geared for suspend/resume,
    perhaps that is what is causing most of these issues (apart from hpa).

    --
    Jens Axboe