    Subject[HW_RNG] How to use generic rng in kernel space
    Hi

    I developped a HW RNG for a custom board and several
    other drivers are using it through a special entry I made.
    I was planning to move the code in order to use the generic
    the RNG layer but I encounter an issue.

    Currently it seems not possible for a driver to use HW RNG,
    because there's no entry point for that. Is that something
    deliberate ?

    Another question about the implementation. If O_NONBLOCK
    flag is passed when opening /dev/hw_random, how does the
    read method ensure that the caller won't sleep since it calls
    mutex_lock_interruptible() function unconditiannaly ? I must
    miss something but don't know what...

    Thanks

    Francis

      Last update: 2006-08-01 14:13    [W:0.018 / U:32.660 seconds]