SubjectRe: 2.6.17-mm6
Martin Bligh <> wrote:
> > Yikes! Until we fix that there's no point in looking at anything else.
> >
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC would nail this bug in a flash, but x86_64 doesn't
> > implement the damn thing :(
> I have an implementation, but there's some bug in it I never fixed. If
> you want it, I'll update it and send it out ... maybe you can spot the
> bug ;-(

My bug-spotting rate doesn't seem so good lately. But if the thing doesn't
break the kernel when configged off then sure, let's put it in -mm with a
big doesnt-work-yet warning on it and hopefully some clever person like
Chuck will come along and fix it.

That being said, we don't seem to be getting a lot of value from
DEBUG_PAGEALLOC any more. I guess we fixed a pile of long-standing
problems when it first went in and the reintroduction rate is low.