    SubjectRe: 2.6.17-mm6
    Martin Bligh <> wrote:
    > > Yikes! Until we fix that there's no point in looking at anything else.
    > >
    > > CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC would nail this bug in a flash, but x86_64 doesn't
    > > implement the damn thing :(
    > I have an implementation, but there's some bug in it I never fixed. If
    > you want it, I'll update it and send it out ... maybe you can spot the
    > bug ;-(

    My bug-spotting rate doesn't seem so good lately. But if the thing doesn't
    break the kernel when configged off then sure, let's put it in -mm with a
    big doesnt-work-yet warning on it and hopefully some clever person like
    Chuck will come along and fix it.

    That being said, we don't seem to be getting a lot of value from
    DEBUG_PAGEALLOC any more. I guess we fixed a pile of long-standing
    problems when it first went in and the reintroduction rate is low.

      Last update: 2006-07-08 01:05    [W:0.020 / U:3.488 seconds]