    SubjectRe: swsusp / suspend2 reliability
    Hi!

    > Pavel> I do not think suspend2 works on more machines than in-kernel
    > Pavel> swsusp. Problems are in drivers, and drivers are shared.
    >
    > Pavel> That means that if you have machine where suspend2 works and
    > Pavel> swsusp does not, please tell me. I do not think there are many
    > Pavel> of them.
    >
    > Accept the facts -- for some reason, there is a fairly large user base
    > that goes to all the bother of using suspend2, which requires
    > That is a fact, and all the hand waving won't change it.

    Users like suspend2 eye candy => swsusp must be unreliable?

    I know users that installed swsusp, decided they want progress bars,
    and went for suspend2.

    > I'm tired of this. It's taking years for Linux to get reasonably working
    > suspend facilities, which is a shame. In my opinion a large part of the
    > problem is you opposing Nigel's patches. Problem is, for many people
    > Nigel's code works while yours does not.

    Nigel only submitted his code once, month or so ago, as series of 200
    or so patches. Do not blame me for _that_.

    Pavel
    --
    Thanks for all the (sleeping) penguins.