    SubjectRe: AVR32 architecture patch against Linux 2.6.18-rc1 available
    On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:52:27 +0200
    Haavard Skinnemoen <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    > I've put up an updated set of patches for AVR32 support at
    > The most interesting patch probably is
    > which, at 544K, is too large to attach here. Please let me know if you
    > want me to do it anyway.
    > Anyone want to have a look at this? I understand that a full review is
    > a huge job, but I'd appreciate a pointer or two in the general
    > direction that I need to take this in order to get it acceptable for
    > mainline.

    Looks pretty sane from a quick scan.

    - request_irq() can use GFP_KERNEL?

    - show_interrupts() should use for_each_online_cpu()

    <wow, kprobes support>

    - do you really need __udivdi3() and friends? We struggle hard to avoid
    the necessity on x86 and you should be able to leverage that advantage.

    - What are these for?

    - Was there a ./MAINTAINERS patch? I didn't see one.

    - Who stands behind this port? How do we know this isn't a patch-n-run
    exercise? How do we know that the code won't rot?

    - How does one build a something->avr32 cross-toolchain?

      Last update: 2006-07-06 11:21    [W:0.021 / U:6.096 seconds]