    SubjectRe: AVR32 architecture patch against Linux 2.6.18-rc1 available
    On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:52:27 +0200
    Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@atmel.com> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I've put up an updated set of patches for AVR32 support at
    > http://avr32linux.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/LinuxPatches
    >
    > The most interesting patch probably is
    > http://avr32linux.org/twiki/pub/Main/LinuxPatches/avr32-arch-2.patch
    >
    > which, at 544K, is too large to attach here. Please let me know if you
    > want me to do it anyway.
    >
    > Anyone want to have a look at this? I understand that a full review is
    > a huge job, but I'd appreciate a pointer or two in the general
    > direction that I need to take this in order to get it acceptable for
    > mainline.

    Looks pretty sane from a quick scan.

    - request_irq() can use GFP_KERNEL?

    - show_interrupts() should use for_each_online_cpu()

    <wow, kprobes support>

    - do you really need __udivdi3() and friends? We struggle hard to avoid
    the necessity on x86 and you should be able to leverage that advantage.

    - What are these for?

    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(register_dma_controller);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(find_dma_controller);

    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_get);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_put);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_enable);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_disable);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_get_rate);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_round_rate);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_set_rate);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_set_parent);
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_get_parent);

    - Was there a ./MAINTAINERS patch? I didn't see one.

    - Who stands behind this port? How do we know this isn't a patch-n-run
    exercise? How do we know that the code won't rot?

    - How does one build a something->avr32 cross-toolchain?

    Thanks.

      Last update: 2006-07-06 11:21    [W:0.078 / U:0.264 seconds]