    SubjectRe: ext4 features
    "Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@wolfmountaingroup.com> writes:

    > Add a salvagable file system to ext4, i.e. when a file is deleted, you
    > just rename it and move it to a directory called DELETED.SAV and
    > recycle the files as people allocate new ones.

    Due to the problems pointed what would be really needed is a filesystem
    with a full log of operations. Then the fs state (full contents of all
    files etc.) at any given time can be restored.

    May not be very efficient, though (probably people doing databases and
    transaction logging have something to say). I'd rather have better
    backups (so I can restore from them) instead of such logging.
    --
    Krzysztof Halasa