    SubjectRe: reiser4: maybe just fix bugs?
    On Monday 31 July 2006 18:17, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
    > > Not too bad when compared to other FSes, but still.
    > How did you compare?

    Because as I can see on lkml, other FSes also have deadlock-on-oom
    bugs. Linus also talked about ext3 inodes being insanely big.

    > > When singled out, none of these things are bad enough to hold off
    > > inclusion. However, combined impact of _both_ of them
    > > did upset maintainers enough.
    > Plus a, lets say, less than cooperative overall attitude, and a marked
    > tendency to try to sneak changes in by political arm-twisting.

    Yes, this is present to a degree.

    > > Frankly, on the first problem I think that you are right, Hans, and
    > > putting plugins into VFS _now_ makes little sense because we can't know
    > > whether anybody will ever want to have plugins for some other FS, so
    > > requiring reiser people to do all the shuffling _now_ for questionable
    > > gain is simply not fair. It can be done later if needed.
    > You are wrong. ReiserFS has no "right" to be allowed into the kernel.

    JBD is factored out. So far it was a wasted effort - nobody uses
    JBD except ext3.

      Last update: 2006-07-31 22:09    [W:0.022 / U:93.308 seconds]