    SubjectRe: Generic battery interface
    On 7/30/06, <> wrote:
    > If the program says '100ms' because it knows it will need to do a GUI update
    > then, and you block it for 5 seconds because that's when the next value
    > update happens, the user is stuck looking at their gkrellm or whatever not
    > doing anything at all for 4.9 seconds....
    > This almost forces the use of multiple threads if the program wants to do
    > its own timer management.

    Please read my detailed proposal, posted (and resivsed) later.

    The program is not blocked by the new ioctl, it still does a poll() or
    select() and can provide a timeout, as usual. The only trick is that
    the poll() won't return with an input-ready event until the
    appropriate time.

      Last update: 2006-07-30 13:51    [W:0.023 / U:7.316 seconds]