    SubjectRe: suspend2 merge history [was Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion]
    On Sun 2006-07-30 15:25:49, Hua Zhong wrote:
    > > I don't _blame_ drivers. I only wanted to say this: "If
    > > Nigel knows that some drivers need to be fixed and he has
    > > working fixes for these drivers, he should have submitted
    > > these fixes for merging instead of just keeping them in
    > > suspend2". Period.
    > >
    > > If I know of a fix for a driver, I always do my best to make
    > > sure the fix will get considered for merging at least. The
    > > problem is I'm not a driver expert and I can't provide the
    > > fixes myself.
    >
    > Suspend2 patch is open source. You can always take a look.

    swsusp is open source. You can always take a look. And you can always
    submit a patch.

    > Moreover, if someone claims suspend2 isn't ready for merge, or the

    Moreover, if someone claims swsusp is broken, they should attach
    bugzilla id.

    > I'm not exactly an expert, but I don't think suspend-to-ram is more
    > difficult than suspend-to-disk (probably quite the contrary), and
    > there are a lot in common.

    As you said, you do not know what you are talking about.

    Pavel