    SubjectRe: [RFC] Apple Motion Sensor driver

    > I'd rather leave it out for now, and merge it when it has a chance to
    > work. Merging non-working code is confusing at best.

    > > I want this driver to be included in -mm as soon as possible, to get
    > > test feedback and to get it included in 2.6.19 (or maybe 2.6.18? Who
    > > knows. ;)). Thus I'd like to get your comments, suggestions, etc. on it.
    > 2.6.19 at best.

    Oh, it's just a driver update for some powermac specific thingy, so
    depending how long 2.6.18 takes, I have no problem as the powermac
    maintainer letting that in once it's been properly fixed and reviewed.
    (Which I don't have time to do right now neither, but possibly later).

    There shouldn't be significant changes to the i2c side of it from
    Stelian's driver anyway, more like a new backend using the PMU.

    > > +config SENSORS_AMS
    > > + tristate "Motion sensor driver"
    > > + default y
    > No, not everyone has this device. We don't have a default for other
    > hardware monitoring drivers.
    > This should depend on HWMON, and probably EXPERIMENTAL too, until it
    > gets some wider testing.
    > Also please respect the alphabetical order.

    It can stay default y as lons as it depends on PPC_PMAC (which it should
    do anyway)

    > If you are going to have many source files and a composite module,
    > please create your own subdirectory under drivers/hwmon and put all
    > your stuff here. The kernel build system is notoriously bad at handling
    > multiple composite modules within the same subdirectory.

      Last update: 2006-07-03 10:55    [W:0.020 / U:7.404 seconds]