    SubjectRe: sound connector detection

    > I am not too happy with putting this kind of switches into input layer,
    > it should be reserved for "real" buttons, ones that user can explicitely
    > push or toggle (lid switch is on the edge here but it and sleep button
    > are used for similar purposes so it makes sense to have it in input layer
    > too). But "cable X connected" kind of events is too much [for input layer,
    > there could well be a separate layer for it]. If we go this way we'd have
    > to move cable detection code from network to input layer as well ;)

    I sort of see the point. But I think it is indeed unfortunate that we
    have all these events scattered throughout. I could live with the
    current approach abusing the alsa mixer API, but there's little point in
    making that element user-visible. So maybe I just need some new alsa
    definitions here.

    Although, come to think of it, a daemon keeping the mixer open blocks
    unloading the module. I suppose I'd rather have it the other way around
    like the eventdev system does -- the device goes away and all reads to
    it fail.

    johannes

      Last update: 2006-07-03 15:33    [W:0.020 / U:2.480 seconds]