    SubjectRe: XFS / Quota Bug in 2.6.17.x and 2.6.18x
    Hi!

    This only happens, if your partition is the root partition of the whole
    system and it is mounted read only on system start up. The pre barrier
    check for normal mount works without any problems.

    Stefan

    Jan Engelhardt schrieb:

    >>>I don't quite get this. I do use quota, and have barriers turned
    >>>off (either explicitly or because the drive does not support it),
    >>>but yet no error message like you posted. Do I just have luck?
    >>
    >>Heh, no - its more likely you just haven't needed to do a quotacheck
    >>on a filesystem thats initially mounted readonly (like root often is).
    >

    > Well I "sometimes" do that, i.e. intentionally turning off quota on the
    > running system, to force a recheck on boot. The mount options essentially
    > are /bin/mount /dev/hda2 / -o ro,usrquota,grpquota and then /bin/mount / -o
    > remount,rw
    > No breakage so far, which is why I wondered. Is it limited to a specific
    > kernel version?
    >

    >>I'm guessing you had quota enabled from earlier barrier-unaware kernels
    >>and quotacheck only needs to be run during that initial mount.
    >

    > Jan Engelhardt

      Last update: 2006-07-29 10:03    [W:0.023 / U:59.008 seconds]