    SubjectRe: the ' 'official' point of view' expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
    Adrian Bunk wrote:

    >But you can not tell based on klive data whether the ratio of
    >reiser4:ext3 users in the world is more like 1:5, 1:500 or 1:50000.
    >
    ><-- snip -->
    >
    >I can't prove that the 1:5 ratio is wrong, but the point is that
    >claiming a 1:5 ratio was true based on the klive data is not better than
    >claiming it based on no data.

    Yes, but I have been surprised that linux conference attendees all know
    about reiser4, so I think it is consistent with the notion that reiser4
    usage may well be much much higher than one would expect of a filesystem
    that is not in the main tree, and which requires a lot of hassle to
    install. It is a datapoint. I think the level of hobbyist enthusiasm
    seen suggests that distros may gain market advantage by adding reiser4
    support.....

    Hans

      Last update: 2006-07-28 11:29    [W:0.031 / U:0.204 seconds]