SubjectRe: Can we ignore errors in mcelog if the server is running fine
On 7/27/06, Robert Hancock <hancockr@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Vikas Kedia wrote:
> > The server seems to be running fine. A. can I ignore the following
> > mcelog errors ? B. If not what should i do to stop the server from
> > reporting mcelog errors.
>
> Looks like data cache ECC errors, meaning the CPU 0 is faulty.
> Eventually if it's not replaced there will likely be some uncorrectable
> errors and the system will likely crash.

I am facing similar, but different errors.

[root@turyxsrv ~]# mcelog
MCE 0
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 1 4 northbridge TSC 89a560bb249
ADDR 1dfa49690
Northbridge Chipkill ECC error
Chipkill ECC syndrome = 2021
bit46 = corrected ecc error
bus error 'local node response, request didn't time out
generic read mem transaction
memory access, level generic'
STATUS 9410c00020080a13 MCGSTATUS 0
MCE 1
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 1 4 northbridge TSC a6550f2d4de
ADDR 1de74b670
Northbridge Chipkill ECC error
Chipkill ECC syndrome = 2021
bit32 = err cpu0
bit46 = corrected ecc error
bus error 'local node origin, request didn't time out
generic read mem transaction
memory access, level generic'
STATUS 9410c00120080813 MCGSTATUS 0
MCE 2
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 1 4 northbridge TSC afe4eba238a
ADDR 1d8049698
Northbridge Chipkill ECC error
Chipkill ECC syndrome = 2021
bit46 = corrected ecc error
bus error 'local node response, request didn't time out
generic read mem transaction
memory access, level generic'
STATUS 9410c00020080a13 MCGSTATUS 0
MCE 3
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 1 4 northbridge TSC cc945738d0a
ADDR 194c4b670
Northbridge Chipkill ECC error
Chipkill ECC syndrome = 2021
bit40 = error found by scrub
bit46 = corrected ecc error
bus error 'local node response, request didn't time out
generic read mem transaction
memory access, level generic'
STATUS 9410c10020080a13 MCGSTATUS 0

Repeats whenever I do any kind of operations...
How severe is ChipKill errors? Should I consider throwing away CPU 1
and get another one.

Regards,
Om.

  Last update: 2006-07-28 07:31    [W:0.035 / U:0.600 seconds]